Please note that:
- All of our courses have a maximum number of people per week (see individual course page for details) and a minimum number of 4. Places are allocated on a ﬁrst come/ﬁrst served basis.
- Although we endeavour to avoid changes to our courses, we reserve the right to do so where necessary.
- Courses will be cancelled only under extreme circumstances, where alternative arrangements cannot be made or if numbers for the course are insufﬁcient. In such cases a full refund will be given.
Archaeological Building Investigation and Recording
Date - w/c 30th July 2017
This course is aimed at those with an interest in historic buildings and are interested in knowing more about recording them for preservation. This week-long course aims to have an accurate recording of a building within the Parish of Sedgeford together with its setting and establish its archaeological significance.
It is not intended (in the interim) that there would be any excavation involved with the chosen building but the course would be looking to:
- Examine the construction together with comparison of modern techniques.
- Establishing not only the approximate date of construction and the original usage but recording any artefacts which exist. (This would include sketches and photographs)
- Taking notes of any alterations to the original building and attempt to establish the reasoning. (Again taking sketches and photographs)
- Following appraisal and understanding of the project in hand take full measurements to establish:
- Both internal and external dimensions together with all features. Accurate measurements will be taken with notes.
Full rate - £350 - includes course fee, all meals*, tent pitch, site facilities and supervision.
Concession rate - £290 - as above, but applicable to students and the unwaged.
Off-site charge - £240 - for those living locally or staying elsewhere, includes course fee, lunch, refreshments and supervision.
*Departures and arrivals are on Saturdays and the only food provided is the evening BBQ.
Number of places
To book a place on this course click here